The Guest Service Representative is responsible for welcoming guests, receiving, fulfilling and reporting guests’ requests, creating reservations, providing concierge services and recommendations, and checking guests out of the hotel with a level of service that meets or exceeds guest expectations. The GSR is also responsible for keeping the lobby area clean and welcoming.
- Provides a warm and welcoming, yet timely, registration process for the guest
- Assigns the correct unit, based upon needs and occupancy
- Promptly answers phones
- Creates/ modifies reservations in the property management system
- Posts charges for the gift shop in the property management system
- Provides concierge services to guests looking for activity or dining suggestions
- Checks guests out of the property ensuring zero balance on account
- Communicate guest requests to housekeeping and facilities team
- Provides coffee service in the lobby, if applicable
- Assists with retail outlet sales, if applicable
- Keeps workspace neat and tidy, dusts and sanitizes regularly
- Routinely completes weekly cleaning checklist to keep the lobby pristine
- Tracks and reports maintenance issues; follows up to ensure resolution
- Runs and prints daily accounting cash reports ensuring accurate reporting
- Collects guest balances in accordance with established payment schedule
- Accurately maintains bank for cash drawer using established handling procedures
- Audits registration cards and applies ancillary charges as needed
- Perform other duties, including: participate in employee meetings, assist other departments on high turn days, complete projects as assigned.
- 1-2 years hotel/restaurant experience
- Dependable, punctual, impeccable attendance record
- Accurate, attention to detail, service oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Excellent math aptitude and cash handling ability
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Professional demeanor
- Proficient computer skills, including: Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work on feet for extended periods
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Associates degree in Hospitality Management or related field preferred.
- Education: High School Diploma Preferred
- Minimum Job-Related Experience: 1-2 years
- Writing: Frequently writes non-standard responses.
- Skills – Computer: Uses basic business/technical programs/applications to perform daily responsibilities